If you value your time, you will surely want to maximise the efficiency of your cleaning efforts. Whether you are doing the mundane chores, or perhaps are in the middle of a spring cleaning session, the most important thing is to get things done quicker and to a better end result. Thankfully, there are various ways you can ado this throughout your cleaning routine. The following tips aim to teach you speed cleaning hacks, which you can implement the next time you are engaged in this sort of activity:
Save time doing general cleaning
- Set a timer to 15 minutes – if you aim to save time cleaning, you should do a little bursts of cleaning work every single day, or whenever you can. Set a timer to 15 minutes and engage in some de-cluttering action or a simple wipe of the countertops. You will be surprised how much time this saves you down the road.
- Begin from the top and work towards the bottom – this is a simple cleaning rule, which many people forget for some reason. When you clean, always start from the point in the room that is the highest. You will then work your way down. The idea is that dust particles and other debris will end up on the floor, which you will then clean. If you don’t follow this order of cleaning, you will end up doing more work.
- Clean on the go – this method holds true for the bathroom and kitchen, especially, where leftover messes can take you a while to address. For example, when you are cooking, be sure to wipe any stains immediately as they occur. Do the same for the bathroom and you will find out how much effort this can truly save you.
Save time vacuum cleaning
- Prep the area for vacuuming – prior to busting out your vacuum cleaner, make sure to remove any loose items and pull furniture pieces away. This will make it so you do fewer stops to move things around, in order to vacuum underneath.
- Invest in a decent vacuum cleaner – a lot of people opt for the cheapest vacuum they can possibly get. But in reality, you are better off investing in a good vacuum, so that you don’t end up wasting time on doing ineffective cleaning.
- Don’t forget to empty the dust bag/bin – if you are cleaning with a full vacuum cleaner, it is only going to return the dust in the room. You will create better suction, if you empty out the dust bag on a regular basis.
Save time on dusting
- Always dust before you vacuum – that way the stray dust particles will be later picked up by the vacuum cleaner, ensuring that they don’t just end up on surfaces.
- Use the right tools – a feather duster looks pretty, but it barely gets the job done. What you need is a microfiber cloth, which can dust the area with ease. Dampen the cloth a little, so that it can pick up the dust particles without leaving any streaks on the surface you are cleaning.
- Don’t leave clutter around – designate a space for everything, so that it doesn’t get in the way of cleaning.
- Carry your tools around – when you clean, bring a small basket full of all the cleaning materials you will need. That way you won’t have to bother with going to the other room to fetch something in the middle of the cleaning session.
All of these tips work wonders in speeding up your cleaning routine. Make sure to implement them and you will know just how effective they are.