There are plenty of fish in the sea, and we humans love to eat them! However, cooking fresh fish can be a very smelly business and a complete nightmare when the aroma insists on lingering even after you’ve done the cleaning.
If the smell of fish is enough to turn your stomach inside out and put you off your dinner then here are a few cleaning tips that will both prevent the fishy odours from spreading throughout the house and get rid of it entirely.
The most obvious solution is to cook with the kitchen well ventilated. If the kitchen leads to a garden then have the backdoor open as well as all the windows.
- Place a generous amount of fresh mint leaves in the bottom of the tray when cooking the fish. Not only will this add flavour, but it will prevent the smell from spreading to the rest of the household.
- If you are deep frying the fish then add a sliced apple to the oil. This will make the smell disappear entirely!
- Soak a towel in water and leave it to hang somewhere in the kitchen whilst you cook the fish. This will absorb the smell.
- Light a candle or two while you cook the fish. This will burn away the particles that will carry the smell to the rest of the house.
- If you notice that the fish smell will not come out of the cooking container after you’ve done the cleaning in the kitchen, try adding vinegar to the hot water.
- If you cannot get the fish smell out of your oven, simply pour water into a heat-proof container and three drops of vanilla essence. Leave the oven on a low heat for a few minutes.
If you have trouble keeping the kitchen or the rest of your home clean because of work or other obligations, you could always call a cleaning company.
Copyright @ FK Domestics Ltd