Having a small living space can be somewhat discouraging, as it limits your storage and can sometimes get a bit uncomfortable. However, there is one notable benefit of living in a small apartment or a condo – domestic cleaning is hardly ever an issue.
A big place comes with huge requirements. You need to invest quite a lot of time to keep it clean and organised unless you want it to become a huge mess. A small place, on the other hand, is less demanding in that aspect and will often require just a quick intervention to put in order.
Just find some spare time and stock up on these cleaning supplies:
- Mop, dustpan, and broom – it doesn’t get more basic than that. You need all three of them to address the most common cleaning chores, ranging from floor cleaning to just picking up some spilled cornflakes. These cleaning supplies don’t take much space, as there are many interlocking dustpans and brooms out there, along with folding microfiber mops, which can do a great job without troubling you for space.
- A vacuum cleaner – you can surely do some basic floor cleaning with the aforementioned supplies, but nothing beats a good vacuum cleaner in that regard. It all depends on what area of your home is covered by a carpet or rug. If it is small enough, you can do with a smaller vacuum cleaner. In case you are more regular at vacuuming, consider a canister model. In any case, a vacuum cleaner is required to get rid of the dust that accumulates on carpets and rugs.
- Bucket – you may not think much of a bucket, but it is a needed tool. A modest size can do the trick in most situations when you need to mop some area. The best part is that once you clean it and dry it after use, it can store all of your cleaning solutions.
- Baking soda – you can use it not just in your cooking efforts, but also in various green cleaning recipes. For example, baking soda is at the core of the most popular method to get your oven clean. Just mix some with water till you get a spreadable paste and then coat the interior of your oven. You will be surprised to see how effective this solution is.
- Sponges – keep a few sponges nearby, as they will come in handy. You need one for surface cleaning and one for dishes, at the very least. If you are short on space, you can acquire the so-called pop-up sponges, which stay flat till you add water to them.
- Microfibre towels, rags, and paper towels – these are needed to tackle an accidental spill. Use them to blot excess liquid and wipe the countertops in your kitchen.
The more of these cleaning supplies you acquire for your small living place, the better you will address domestic cleaning chores. Then it won’t matter how much space you have since it will be clean and inviting.