If your weekly schedule is packed, it is likely that the only time you got left to clean is on the weekend. As such, you need to ensure you make the most of it. Effective home cleaning comes with proper preparation.
While it can get small tasks done, cleaning without a plan and proper preparation process is not the best way to take on this challenge. Investing the time and effort to acquire all of the needed tools is the best case scenario.
Here is what you need to do to clean properly:
- Get in the right headspace – efficiently cleaning has a lot to do with how you view the task and how motivated you feel. Cleaning just to get things done is not the right approach. You must remind yourself of all the benefits of cleaning and more willingly engage in the various chores that constitute home cleaning. While it is true that cleaning is no fun, you can at least achieve something productive while at it: sanitising your home and making it a better place to live. Consider these advantages and stay on top of your cleaning chores.
- Acquire enough free time – if you are hard pressed by time, you can hardly hope to achieve anything. You will rush through your chores and deal with large part of them in a rather ineffective manner. It is best to set aside a few hours on your weekend and know that during this time you will do cleaning and nothing else. It will help you get stuff done without distractions and without rushing through.
- Make a cleaning schedule – a cleaning schedule allows you to determine what chores there are left and how long it will take you to deal with them. It also makes it possible to plan accordingly for the task at hand and get help if you need it.
- Prepare your cleaning tools – often you may lose cleaning motivation before you even begin to clean. If your cleaning tools are scattered all over the place, you may even not be able to find what to clean with. To make your efforts as effective as possible, you can collect your cleaning equipment in a caddy beforehand. This will save you time and effort during your cleaning session.
- Do a quick declutter – excessive clutter will significantly hinder your cleaning efforts. It will get in the way and turn what is often a simple task into a problematic and annoying chore. It is best to invest a few minutes in picking up things that do not belong in their rightful place to clear the way for some serious cleaning next. It can ease your cleaning efforts a lot.
Take these preparation steps to ensure that your cleaning efforts are well rewarded. Remember: each of them can make your home cleaning tasks a little easier.