If you have hired a professional cleaning company to deal with some of the chores around your home, you are surely in for a pleasant surprise. Cleaners can do a wonderful job in getting your home in a clean shape, which is especially helpful in case you are busy with other tasks.
However, you must know that there are some things you must do if you want to ensure the service is perfect. Read the following guide if you expect a professional cleaning visit or you simply wish to improve the service.
- Stick around for the first visit – if you have changed your usual cleaning company or you have hired such service for the first time, it is wise to be present when the cleaners first come. If they are doing something you don’t like, you can tell them and have them change it so that you are satisfied with the result. It is a good idea to know how they work and there is no better scenario than to learn this right from the start.
- Provide feedback – if you have booked a regular service and the same cleaner comes to deal with the task, it is very important for them to have your feedback. Tell them of any problem areas you think deserve more attention. Explain how you want things done, if there is anything you are not happy with. That is the only way you can be sure the next time you have the service it will be top notch.
- Provide ‘get in’ info – as you schedule a visit, it will be extremely helpful to provide information on how to get in to your property. Sometimes an address alone doesn’t cut it. You can give extra details about the entrance, how to get to it, how to handle the lock, etc. Things like that can make it easier for the cleaner to get in and do their job.
- Set up a to-do list – one of the most effective ways to control the work of cleaners is to have a to-do list. Determine a few chores that you want them to complete and leave them the list. The goal here is to be as specific and objective as possible, based on the amount of time you have hired the service for. In that regard, 2-3 hours will hardly be enough to clean your entire house, but you can tell the cleaner to focus on the living room for example.
- Arrange the matter of cleaning supplies – some companies bring their own cleaning equipment or supplies, but others require you to provide them. In any case, it is best if you determine this from the start. If you have specific requirements about what cleaning detergents you want your home to be cleaned with, it is important to state this and provide enough of them.
- Keep pets out – there are some cleaners, who don’t like pets and so will likely be scared of a big dog. It is best to keep any pets out for the duration of the professional cleaning visit. Not only is it stressful for the animal to see foreign people around, but dogs especially can get pretty territorial, which can lead to accidents. Besides some cleaners are allergic to pets.
By following all of these steps, you can ensure that the professional cleaning visit you book is as effective as possible.